Sunday, August 23, 2009

Warning Signs

The following are a few of the warning signs I've compiled during the years I've spent as a restaurant. A customer exhibiting one or more of these features may be more likely than the average customer to prove to be troublesome for the staff. Of course, there are exceptions to every rule, and there is the slim chance that a person displaying any of the behavior below may prove to be a lovely, gracious guest in your restaurant. But forewarned is forearmed, they say, and in that spirit I offer you Warning Signs:


Reading a Book on Spirituality


Ignoring the Polite Requests of the Management


Flowing Garments on a Man

2 comments:

  1. Flowing garments on a man! Haw! You're really on a roll now. I'm glad you're doing the cartoons with the text, it makes all the difference. I also like the spiritual book reading lady, reminds me of a poem I wrote.

    KRISTY AND SAM

    The new age lesbian lovers
    come into the bar
    sit down at the end
    and immediately open
    their hardcover copies
    of The Celestial Prophecy.

    I guess today
    they will not save the world
    or correct our grammar
    or tell us how to
    raise our children.
    They are too busy making use
    of this perfect reading environment
    even turning their pages
    at the same time.
    They have quit smoking too
    and in every way are shining
    examples for all of us.

    They realize to reach their level
    of spiritual perfection
    is a difficult thing
    for clods like us

    but they are patient
    as we struggle
    as holy people
    should be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do believe I remember that one, as I read small press journals from time to time. A Schneider classic!

    ReplyDelete